Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default The filthy sluts kittens

On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 20:29:50 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

snip

"Cats do not need the attention a dog does but when it gives you attention
is not false. They select who they want to be with."

Exactly ... hardly great credentials for something
that is supposed to be a 'companion animal'.

Works fine when they select you as that one did with Adam.

snip

In the sense that a 'stray' animal (had it been a dog would have been
collected by the local council and if not claimed within a reasonable
period and couldn't be identified by the mandatory chip it's supposed
to carry, re-homed or destroyed), wandered into his like and
therefore could easily wander out again (after wandering though and
crapping in other peoples gardens).

http://www.yourdogsneeds.co.uk/micro...-law-a-86.html

Another example of where dogs and their owners are (quite rightly)
obliged to conform to all sorts of rules and regulation re the
responsibility to and for their 'possessions' whereas cat owners (in
the main) do not.

Some people can live with that (and claiming FET payments and other
moneys at the expense of others) and others can't.

If *your* pet in under your full control and doesn't stray onto my
property (and potentially damage it) or become a nuisance to others
(though fouling, violence or noise etc) then most people CGAF what you
consider to be a 'partner animal'.

All I know is that 'Mans best friend' is still a dog (after fish
apparently g) and until I see people regularly sharing walks or
holidays / trips to the pub with their 'companion' cat, rat or fox,
I'll assume that dogs still hold that position.

"Here Tiddles, sniff these packages for drugs / explosives / cash /
weapons ... Tiddles, come back ... come back now! "

Cheers, T i m