Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Looking for a pressure switch or 12 volt pump with a pressure switch

I'm looking for a replacement for the water feed pump on our little
boat. The 'standard' marine ones from Jabsco are a ridiculous price
as are the spares for the worn out one that I have so I'm looking for
alternatives.

A replacement pressure switch (all I *actually* need is the spring
contacts) for my Jabsco pump is more than £30. All their spares are
silly prices, even paper gaskets cost tens of pounds.

So, as I said, I'm looking for alternatives. The difficult part is
finding a pump that doesn't deliver *too much* pressure. It's easy to
find pumps that deliver 60 to 100 psi but this is too much for the
bendy plastic pipe plumbing. I need a pump that delivers around 10 to
15 litres/minute at 15 to 25 psi (that's 1 to 1.5 Bar).

As I said it's easy to find pumps that deliver 60psi or more and cost
only £10 to £15 but all the lower pressure ones cost £60 or more.
Maybe I'll have to spend that much but I'd prefer not to (surprise!).

Alternatively a pressure switch that operates in the 1 to 2 Bar range
would solve my problem, I could use it with the existing pump (and a
big fat automative relay to handle the current if necessary).

--
Chris Green
·