Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Load capacity of 200-amp panel

On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 15:59:17 -0000, wrote:

On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 08:10:40 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 11:02:51 AM UTC-5, JayB wrote:
This came up elsewhere and I am just curious about what the answer is.

If someone has a main service panel with a 200-amp main breaker, how many
amps of service can that panel actually service?

I am probably not wording this correctly, but I thought that I remember
something about a 200-amp main breaker actually being okay for 400 amps of
service since there are two separate circuits coming in (a 240-volt service
split into two 120-volt circuits in the panel box).

How many 50A, 120 Volt receptacles can be on a 200 amp 120/208V 3 phase panel per code??

It is not about "receptacles", it is about calculated load. What are
you plugging in?
The simple answer would be 12 (4 per phase) but that is not really a
code driven answer.

**** the code, use maths.

--
Even very young children need to be informed about dying.
Explain the concept of death very carefully to your child.