Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Load capacity of 200-amp panel

In article ,
says...

On Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 11:02:51 AM UTC-5, JayB wrote:
This came up elsewhere and I am just curious about what the answer is.

If someone has a main service panel with a 200-amp main breaker, how many
amps of service can that panel actually service?

I am probably not wording this correctly, but I thought that I remember
something about a 200-amp main breaker actually being okay for 400 amps of
service since there are two separate circuits coming in (a 240-volt service
split into two 120-volt circuits in the panel box).

How many 50A, 120 Volt receptacles can be on a 200 amp 120/208V 3 phase panel per code??

Are there any 50 amp receptacles even made for 120 volts ?

If so , there is probably not a limit on the number.