Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What is this old car, with rounded shell, inch thick wood interior?

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 14:46:41 -0700, Electric Comet
wrote:

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 17:42:47 -0400
wrote:

Yep - the bullet holes were put there by the owner.
and he saved one for himself.

haha

apparently and believe or not they are sought after

in good condition they even get a pretty good price

I used to own one, and you'd be surprised how comfortable they were. A
whole lot MORE comfortable with A/C, mind you!! The greenhouse had
more glass than a '61 new yorker station wagon!!!
We actually rallied the "fishbowl" a couple times early in our first
season while we were "getting the kinks out of" the R12.. The K frame
made a pretty good road grader, from what I remember!!! The 232 was a
bit weak for a car of that heft - the 258 was better - the 304 was too
heavy.