Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Does anyone know about aluminum wiring for the electrical systems.

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 16:13:05 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 23:33:50 -0400,
wrote:

I bet these days the electronics use a wide mouth switcher supply and
don't care about voltage
You'd lose the bet. I just scrapped out a Samsung washer due to a
broken drum spider, and the electronics run off one side of the 240 -
That was mabee 6 years old.

That doesn't mean the card would not run on 240

There is a transformer that says 125 volts on it, si I'm pretty sure
the "magic smoke" would be released at 240V.

That wouldn't be a switcher then would it? Most new electronics are
getting away from transformer supplies so that must be a pretty old
design.