Posted to sci.electronics.repair
isw isw is offline

Default Samsung S5 earphonr jack

In article ,
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 20:12:07 -0700, isw wrote:

In article ,
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 23:40:15 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

https://goo.gl/kDK0d3
There's a group of 'schematics'

Try one of these pin diagrams instead:
https://www.google.com/search?q=samsung+headset+connector+wiring&tbm=isch
This looks right:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/invinciblegod/TRRSConnector3-1.png
It's a TRRS (Tip-Ring1-Ring2-Sleeve) connector.

Serious work fir 2 channels but mono's OK ...not sure if S5 delivers mono.

Nope. It's stereo on the Tip (right channel) and Ring1 (left
channel).

When I read that, my memory started yelling RED! RIGHT! RING!.
So I checked: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phone_connector_(audio)
Isaac

Yeah, something like that. Red is right and Green is left are
somewhat consistent among the headset, earphone, and microphone
connections. However, everything else, including ground, is insane.
http://www.circuitbasics.com/how-to-hack-a-headphone-jack/
I find myself using an ohms-guesser to check the connections just in
case someone decided to be creative.

I have found a number of (cheap, imported) cables that connect red to
tip -- the wiring is proper, just the colors are not.

Isaac