jeff

Default washing machine leaving oily spots on clothes

"Kathy Ober" wrote in message news:ZQn3b.286010$uu5.63208@sccrnsc04...
Help! My washing machine is leaving oily spots(looks like vegetable oil) on
my clothes. It is very random, sometimes leaving spots on almost all the
load, and sometimes leaving only a few spots on one item. I've had the
repairman look at the washer, and so far he's replaced the transmission and
the agitator......but no luck. I've switched detergents several times, and
stopped using dryer sheets(thought that was the problem at first) and tried
fabric softener. I've even taken the washing machine apart and cleaned it
out, but nothing is helping. The only thing I can think of now is to get a
new washer. Can anyone suggest anything?

Hi,

The transmision is the most common part for leaking oil on the
clothes, but since yours is new it might be best to look for outside
causes. Stain transfer from the laundry baskets, laundry room floor,
things the kids are getting into, things from work/school/etc.

Tide has a neat stain detective that -may- help to ID the stain...
http://www.clothesline.com/staindetective/

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/