Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Samsung S5 earphonr jack

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 19:22:47 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

The female is too wide.

Older women are like that. I suggest you get used to it.

Before posting I expected an AL foil fix n your
post traveled into a shim ...

Aluminum foil is flimsy and falls apart.

Why, had you soldered n not tried a shim ?

Because my soldering iron and box of connectors was a few cubits away
from my chair, while my brass and steel shim stock collection was in
my office about 12 miles away. Building a pigail seemed easier than
playing with tiny slivers of shim stock.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558