Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default What is this old car, with rounded shell, inch thick wood interior?

On Tue, 21 Mar 2017 10:28:28 -0400, Casper
wrote:

On closer inspection, it's not a touring or Phaeton because the door of a
phaeton or fordoor would go back over the fender claire@snyder

(Neill Massello) was heard to mutter:
For me, that was clue that it couldn't be the model Casper linked to in
his post.

I only posted the link for visual reference to a (any) Durant as
hubops mentioned it.

FWIW, after looking at the back of a few Chevys (got a friend in a car
club with a few Chevys, Fords, etc), can't say I see a resemblance.

I'm not as into cars as some and anyway I prefer British ones.

Looks like Mother Earth is taking all those parts back in the photos.

There is only ONE YEAR of Chevy yhat resembles that body - and it
resembles it very closely. That year is 1932. NOT 1931, and NOT 1933.
Totally different animals. 1932 was a 1 year only "baby Cadillac"

see:
http://cdn.barrett-jackson.com/stagi...rofile_Web.jpg
and
http://www.remarkablecars.com/main/c...te-sedan-3.jpg
That one is a deluxe, not a standard. Deluxe is a "6 wheeler" while
the standard only has one spare, on the rear.
It is also a 4 door - so you can see the one referenced by the OP
definitely is NOT a 4 door anything.
Here is another 2 door - not as rough as the one referenced --
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...d1c053f025.jpg
and another
http://dansoldcars.net/100_4056.jpg
http://dansoldcars.net/100_3335.jpg
and another:
http://davidsclassiccars.com/images/...dr-sedan-5.jpg
and another:
http://www.cars-on-line.com/photo/50...hev50237-1.jpg
and another:
http://davidsclassiccars.com/images/...ent-orig-7.jpg
and another:
http://smclassiccars.com/uploads/pos...-hot-rod-5.JPG
Note the "feature lines" at the beltline. and around the bottom of
the "tub" - and the gastank cover.
In all my years working on and playing with old cars I have not seen
ANY other vehicle that so closely matches the "tub" referenced by the
OP. It IS rather unique, when you get right down to it.