Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Huge foundry from 100 years ago

On 03/20/2017 08:08 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

Yep, some of the foundries and drop-forges I went to reminded me of Hell

I wish more people were aware of the history of The United States plus the people who worked so hard to build the country and the tragic loss of a lot of our heavy industry. We used to make things here and I really hope manufacturing is coming home to us. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Manufactured Monster

Milwaukee lost a lot of foundries and tanneries but the city really stank.

I like it better now where I don't have to drive miles out of my way to
avoid areas that used to make me gag.

Of course when I was younger those areas were were I lived because the
rent was so cheap.

We still have jobs here though but more in the service industries.

Times change.