Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Slightly sloping ceilings

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 22:15:14 -0000, Mark Lloyd wrote:

[snip]

With a spirit level?

Then the picture looks squint as your eye matches the top of it with the
ceiling.

The best solution to that problem would be to not worry about it. If you
can't, how about putting the pictures lower so you don't often notice
both a picture and the ceiling? You gut used to the picture not looking
perfect, and any guest who complains is being rude.

I'd notice a non parallel ceiling/picture immediately and it would severely annoy me. I was once at a lunch with some colleagues, and the technician opposite me was staring at the wall behind me and looking irritated. I turned round and adjusted the squint picture, and my other colleagues were shocked, they thought we were telepathic or something.

It would be possible to paint the top few inches of the wall a different
color, making the line (between colors) parallel to the floor. Hang all
pictures below that.

That could work.

--
What do bungee jumping and sex with a prostitute have in common?
1) They both cost about $100.