Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 220v socket is loose

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 14:42:00 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 3/20/2017 1:14 PM, Micky wrote:

Also, I brought an American extension cord with me, so I would only
need one adapter for the computer, the camera charger, the phone
charger, and the earpiece charger, all of which together don't use
that much iirc, but someone tells me a US extension cord might not be
able to handle 220v. What say ye?

It is the amps, not the volts to be concerned about. Are you talking
voltage adapter? If you plug the adapter into the 220 socket and the
cord into the adapter it is only carrying 110, not 220 as the adapter
reduces

No, he is using a plug adapter to adapt the 120 volt cord to the 240
volt plug so he can plug in his "universal" power supplies and devices
to 240 volts using his regular 120 volt 15 amp plugs.. Fairly common
practice among international travellers from North America.