Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Huge foundry from 100 years ago

On 03/20/2017 06:58 AM, wrote:

I live just a few blocks from here but only recently found the history

https://milwaukeenotebook.com/2016/0...ational-brake/

Thanks for posting - I like the chimney demolition story.
The factory-on-the-river photo reminded me of where I grew up -
- in a southern Ontario textile region - where the rivers were used
for power - and for industrial waste disposal ..
Can we expect a return to that under The Scary Clown ?
... I sure hope not.
John T.

To me it was an amazing find....

Just before I moved in just a few blocks away, it had been a warehouse
that had burned down. Never even knew that it was a factory.

They spent 40 years removing the bricks for re-use...still a few left.