Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default How much current flows through pylons?

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 13:33:23 GMT, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

https://www.westernpower.co.uk/docs/...ermal-Map.aspx

No mention of 3.3kV , what ever you worked on isn't in place any more
or wasn't part of the distribution network.

Who suggested it was part of the general distribution network?

That particular project you worked may not have been but you cannot
get away from that you interjected on this post from NY
:
Out here in a North Yorkshire village there seem to be 11 kV spurs, each
with a pole-mounted transformer to step down to 240V. Where I'm sitting I
can see the end of the 11 kV line and its transformer. Its 240V cables go
underground to houses on one side of the road (probably built in 1950s)

with "Are you sure it is 11Kv - more likely it will be 3.3Kv."
So it looks very much like that you started your contribitions to
this thread by commenting on the distribution network and only later
invoked your experience of one particular project by suggesting it's
rare use of 3.3kV = more likely.

G.Harman

Not in place? I very much doubt that, the project was a major and very
expensive project, a show project.

I said the site had (from memory) possibly two transformers on site, to
feed the site. The run from the transformers was a matter of maybe
20yds to feed into my panels, which then fed 6x 3.3Kw variable speed
motors. I very much doubt that would even be shown on such a small
scale area map covering an entire county.