Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Which oil to lube paper shredder?

I would have thought it most likely to gum it all up. the bits that need
lubricating asare usually the gears and motor drive, as small bits of paper
dust can get into theworks. First though if you can get at the mechanism,
clean it then use sewing machine oil type stuff. It has to be non sticky or
it will just gum up with the paper dust.
To be honest most of the shredders I've had have died due to the motor
burning out or the gears, often naff plastic ones losing teeth.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Norm" m wrote in message
replying to Spaceman, Norm wrote:
I watched a vid that changed a sheet of printer paper into tracing paper
by
using baby oil. I don't know what baby oil is made of, but could you then
run
that baby oil infused tracing paper through the shredder to lubricate it?

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...er-498155-.htm