Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Which oil to lube paper shredder?

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 02:14:03 GMT, Norm wrote:

replying to Spaceman, Norm wrote:
I watched a vid that changed a sheet of printer paper into tracing paper by
using baby oil. I don't know what baby oil is made of, but could you then run
that baby oil infused tracing paper through the shredder to lubricate it?

I'm using Johnson's Baby Oil on trimmers and clippers.
For the x-cut shredder, I put some in the bottom of a lightweight C4
envelope and ran that through - it does make a difference, at least in the
sound - but doesn't last very long of course.
Seems to me it's difficult to keep any lube on a shredder as the paper
cleans it off.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away