Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default ping Oren: bullets that won't penetrate sheetrock

On 3/19/2017 2:13 PM, rbowman wrote:

When discussing low penetration rounds, it's good to remember that other
ammo called less than lethal, less lethal, etc. can still kill you and
does in many instances. I would not want to be the test subject
standing behind a target placed on 5/8" drywall with any of the rounds
out there.

The 'non-lethal' rubber bullets used by the Brits in Ireland certainly
proved lethal.

It's all about shot placement.

Locally, a deputy killed a bad guy (deemed to be a solid shooting) with
a bean bag round. OTOH, I know of an instance where a 70 year old woman
took three hits from the same type round and it didn't phase her as
she'd created her own "body armor" using newspapers and they didn't hit
her in the noggin.

Repeat after me: "There is no such thing as a non-lethal round!" Even
a round classified "less than lethal" can kill.