Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Darwin Award

Rod Speed pretended :
Dunno, still can't really see how he managed to fry himself that way.

Even if he somehow managed to get metal at 240V onto the skin of his
chest, hard to see how that would produce the arcing the article claims.

"He suffered severe burns on his chest, arm and hand when the charger
touched the water and died on 11 December, the newspaper said."

"Wife Tanya found him when she returned home and first thought
he had been attacked because his injuries were so bad."

Corse it was the Sun...

Yes, probably overstated to help sell papers.

I have though seen the results of dry 3ph bus-bar contact, there were
definite signs of burning, from time very limited contact. I can
imagine wet contact, over a more prolonged time due to a static body,
would do much more damage.