Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking

Default What is this old car, with rounded shell, inch thick wood interior?

On Sat, 18 Mar 2017 18:29:31 +0000 (UTC), Alice Jones
wrote:

Can you tell anything about this old auto from the photos?
http://i.cubeupload.com/rHHKQq.jpg

(*) round back http://i.cubeupload.com/RjfyRW.jpg
(*) wood interior http://i.cubeupload.com/JtyYNW.jpg
(*) external fenders http://i.cubeupload.com/9UecSp.jpg
(*) mounted on a frame http://i.cubeupload.com/gWrN0H.jpg

Is there a good way to tell what kind of solid wood was used?
And why would it have what looks like bullet holes in the back?

Looks to me a lot like a 31/32 Chevy Baby Grand, going by the shape,
the between-the rails rear mounted fuel tank, and the double bead at
the top of the body. Being an open body, not a sedan, I'd definitely
say there is a VERY good chance.