Posted to alt.home.repair
Tina[_3_] Tina[_3_] is offline

Default Does anyone know about aluminum wiring for the electrical systems.

I have had aluminum wire feeding my free-standing range for over 25 years with no problems, but now I am concerned that it still could be a problem if it is connected to a copper screw at the breaker box or the outlet behind the stove.

Could this cause a fire or should I have the wire replaced with copper wire?

The wire has no visible markings of what size it is but I would guess #6 wire.

The breaker box and stove outlet have been there since day one. I am not an electrician and could use an opinion.

Thank you Tina

(My concern came from some new reports on TV about home fires.)