Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Benderthe.evilrobot Benderthe.evilrobot is offline

Default Lubuntu Linux - moving files only half works.

"Michael Black" wrote in message
xample.org...
On Mon, 13 Mar 2017, Benderthe.evilrobot wrote:

"Michael Black" wrote in message
xample.org...
On Sat, 11 Mar 2017, Benderthe.evilrobot wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Do not use a long extension wire for the USB.

It shouldn't matter anymore should it? What if the USB extension is
over 100'? Do you need extra resistance for the USB load side pins?

That would exceed the length specification for USB cables, which is
five meters. They do sell longer cables with a 'repeater', but there
are still limits.

I'm still wondering why anyone would use an extension cable to plug a
USB stick into a computer.

Maybe an old tower case with no front sockets and stashed under the
Or a wifi adapter, so having it on a cable means you can orient it for
best operation.

How did Wi-Fi adapters find their way in?

Because it's a "USB stick".

Which I mentioned elsewhere had NTFS file system.........................

Several people grasped that it was a memory stick - I guess that one sorted
the men from the boys.