Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Google Wants to Use AI to Cut the UK's Electric Bill by 10 Percent

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
So they won't realise the curtains have been closed all day then.

I would have thought that by the time we get micromanagement of every
appliance that would include motorised curtain rails for security &
energy conservation. But we won't know for sure until it happens.

I thought such things were already availble not off the shelf but can be
built to order, a mile from me is a place that makes electric gates few
places locally have such a thing.

Electric curtains have been around for at least 50 years. Easiest way was
a motor unit which worked with any corded track.

There (was) a firm in Croydon who made them - called PowerCord. Used what
looked like a couple of gramophone turntable motors and a custom made
gearbox. They also made larger units for theatre etc curtains.

--
*Never kick a cow pat on a hot day *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.