Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_18_] Muggles[_18_] is offline

Default Oh No, the death of alt.home.repair or even Usenet!

On 3/16/2017 6:38 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 2:50:46 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 3/16/2017 12:00 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 12:45:33 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:

Always blame someone else if you're not happy about something, right?

Just stating the most obvious facts. Do you deny that the overwhelming
number of new threads, the core of the pollution problem, is in fact
a couple of Trump whackos starting one new political, usually Trump
centered, post after another?

I don't see the majority of threads from "whackos" because I've got the
"whackos" blocked!

Then take off the filters for 5 mins and see what someone new or
someone who only comes here rarely, ie those without filters sees.

That's a stupid idea. I'm quite happy with my filters.

THAT is the problem.

There's nothing you or anyone else can do about what other people post
here. At best, all you can do is set up filters.

Someone who is new sees 50 BS posts and
figures it's useless. The fact that you don't see them doesn't mean
they are not there, capiche?

Why are you worried about newcomers if you believe this ng is dying?

Look ... people are going to do what they do regardless of what you
shout from the rooftops isn't fair, or right, or on topic. Why waste
your energy trying to make other people do or not do what you think they
should do, or shouldn't do?

[...]

What do you suggest we do about it? How can I save AHR?

Download thunderbird, set up newsgroups and filters, and then enjoy
reading and responding to the post you want to see.

Simple!

Again, you're the only one here who doesn't see how that doesn't
solve the problem of a newsgroup dying from pollution.

YOU can't solve that problem. If people want to post here about home
repair stuff - they will regardless of junk posts. If they don't want to
do that, they won't.

You can't control anything about this group and complaining about it all
the time doesn't change anything.

As I and others have explained to you, that doesn't fix the problem
of the newsgroup dying.

The newsgroup is NOT dying! It may change, but people are still posting
here, so it obviously isn't dead.

Again, more BS denial. As Art pointed out, the number of on topic,
AHR threads is dwindling, the number of BS mostly pro-Trump threads
is 20 times the number of legitimate ones.

Maybe it's winter and people just don't have as many projects to talk
about? It's not about how many on topic discussions happen here, it's
about people talking about what they choose to discuss - some on topic,
and some off topic. You can't control it.

[...]

--
Maggie