Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oh No, the death of alt.home.repair or even Usenet!

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 19:20:29 -0400, wrote:

I just checked my owners manual and apparently the usb socket
is indeed an audio input - it's beside the aux audio input jack -
that I never noticed ..
The manual warns to have the usb device removed
when starting the car - not sure how serious a risk it is
or just ass-covering.
John T.

Thanks for getting back to me. After my mini-high when I thought it
would work, I had a mini-low when a Kia-owner said it didn't.
So we both came out ahead on this one.

Now to load up a flash drive with MP3's and try it out.
I wonder if the radio will read a flash drive and provide some player
functionality ? or do I need a MP3 Player ?
John T.

Works fine on my daughter's Hyundai Elantra - and on the aftermarket
head I installed in my Ranger. You can NOT use "folders" though - all
MP#s have to be in the "root" of the drive!!!!