Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] oldtimer@alt.home.repair is offline

Default Oh No, the death of alt.home.repair or even Usenet!

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 15:51:28 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

No ... I read most of the home repair stuff because I don't know how to
do most of it, and I learn from what others post. Some things I don't
really understand like all the discussions about electricity and wiring
things, but I still try to read some of those, too.

I also read some of the OT threads. Some, I respond to, many I don't
respond to.

YOU are many more of the regulars on alt.home.repair are the ones
responsible tor the destruction of this NG. And *YOU* are one of the
worst. The reason is that you and these others continue to post replies
to the politics and other OT crap on here. Why even bother to killfile
if you keep these posts going. If everyone here who comes here for the
RIGHT reason, filtered out the abusers, and NEVER replied to ANYTHING
they post, they would have gone away by now. Everytime you post a
followup to their garbage, YOU are FEEDING THEM.

If you go to a party and no one there talks to you, or lets you have any
food or drink, you wont go back to that party. Think about that!

I used this NG going back to the 90's. I have given up on it, because
even though I filtered all the abusers, you regulars keep feeding them
and thus flooding this group with ****. Most of the time I come here
now, the nerw posts are either OT crap, or replies to Homeownershub
crap. Most of the time I just delete all the posts and leave. In the
past month, I only read about 5 posts on here that were ON topic and
Current, (not old **** from the hub).
It's not evne worth my time to open this group anymore...

And think about this: If an outsider comes to this group to ask about an
ON topic issue, and sees the headers, they wont evne post. They will
just see a group filled with rubbish and leave.

I have nothing further to say. The current status of this group disgusts
me! This group is nothing but a pile of rubbish now, and serves no
purpose whatsoever.