Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_18_] Muggles[_18_] is offline

Default Oh No, the death of alt.home.repair or even Usenet!

On 3/16/2017 3:19 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 11:45:33 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On 3/16/2017 10:49 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 11:38:58 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 3/16/2017 10:10 AM, trader_4 wrote:

"interesting topic" "interesting home repair topic"

Someone else said that this group was like people meeting up at the
hardware store. At first they talk about the project they're working
on, and then they start talking about other things that are on their
minds.

Except of course, as Art pointed out, that isn't what's happening anymore.
The overwhelming number of new threads are totally off topic, mostly
from a couple of Trumpets. It's 25 or 50 to one.

Always blame someone else if you're not happy about something, right?
NEVER, EVER go to the trouble of being a leader instead of a follower
and do something about what you're unhappy about! geez.

I didn't want to see cross-posts or spammers, so instead of complaining
about those posts showing up here, I decided to use my built-in tbird
filter and block everything I didn't want to see!

OH MY FREAKING GOSH!! I'm not an unhappy camper any more seeing stuff I
don't want to see!

It doesn't take an IT degree to figure out and use a tbird filter.
That's what it's there for.

YOU can't control what OTHER people do, BUT you CAN control what you do,
so get off of your fingers, download thunderbird, set up a server and
newsgroups, figure out how to use the filters, and stop using google
groups if you don't like to see OT posts here.

And BTW, you could stop contributing to the threads that are OT while
you're at it.

good grief, already ......

So you filter all the home repair stuff and only read the off-topic
stuff?

No ... I read most of the home repair stuff because I don't know how to
do most of it, and I learn from what others post. Some things I don't
really understand like all the discussions about electricity and wiring
things, but I still try to read some of those, too.

I also read some of the OT threads. Some, I respond to, many I don't
respond to.

Now you are in my filter too - thwere hasn't been a sylable, much less
a sentance of home repair messages from you since about November.

shrugs I'm not a home DYI repair person as much as I read about what
others repair. I have asked different questions about projects I've had
around the house while I've been here, but since it's winter, I hadn't
had any projects going that I needed to ask any questions about.

--
Maggie