Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oh No, the death of alt.home.repair or even Usenet!

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 12:39:08 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 9:58:25 AM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 14:52:30 +0200, Micky
wrote:

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 08:42:33 -0400, Art Todesco
wrote:

This was a really sad morning. I have been reading alt.home.repair and
a few other groups for many years and this morning signaled the end.
There was nothing but garbage. I even re-read an old thread, just to
make my brain somewhat happy.

Well, I'm here.

If I rented a new or nearly new small cheap Kia (a Picanto, maybe
cheaper than anything sold in the US) and 10" below the radio in a
separate cove just in front of the gear shift, there is a small hole
marked AUX and a USB style jack marked USB, what are the odds the AUX
will be an input to the radio?

What are the odds the USB will be an input to the radio.

The radio here is not my taste, and I refuse to spend the money for
Serious radio since I'm a light-hearted guy, but I would record off
the comptuer to a flashdrive, or use the phone to output to the radio,
if either were possible.

_One huge mistake people make when renting cars _

"If you ever rent a car, make sure you don't make this mistake! It
could even happen to you if you are selling your car."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-dLxYnIBr0

One of the first things I do when I rent a car is delete the info stored in the headunit. Sometimes
a half dozen phones show up.

So far I haven't had that problem. I don't buy used vehicles new
enough to have that problem- - -