Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oh No, the death of alt.home.repair or even Usenet!

On Thu, 16 Mar 2017 13:01:10 -0400, wrote:

My 2016 KIA Sorento takes thumb drives formatted in FAT32. I am using
a 128g drive with over 7000 mp3's on it. When inserted the first time,
the radio reads it in, which takes several minutes depending on number
of songs. After that, as soon as I open the car door I see the USB
activity light come on, and the music is ready to play as soon as the
key is turned on.

That sounds great.
What gave me doubts is that the jack is 10 inches away instead of on
the face of the radio, like I've seen twice before.

I'm betting on usb charging only.
My Kia has it near the cig-lighter charging sockets,
not near the radio.
John T.

The Kia Radios are virtually all MP3 enabled today - and that means
the USB IS an MP3 compatible input, not just a charging port. There is
no other way (other than a CD) to inout MP3 to the radio..

The location doesn't mean a thing - lots of cars have the AUX and USB
ports in the compartment in the arm-rest/console because that is a
good place to put your phone/MP# player. Just like the little "bubby"
below the radio on the KIA.