Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_18_] Muggles[_18_] is offline

Default Oh No, the death of alt.home.repair or even Usenet!

On 3/16/2017 12:00 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 12:45:33 PM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 3/16/2017 10:49 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 11:38:58 AM UTC-4, Muggles wrote:
On 3/16/2017 10:10 AM, trader_4 wrote:

"interesting topic" "interesting home repair topic"

Someone else said that this group was like people meeting up at the
hardware store. At first they talk about the project they're working
on, and then they start talking about other things that are on their
minds.

Except of course, as Art pointed out, that isn't what's happening anymore.
The overwhelming number of new threads are totally off topic, mostly
from a couple of Trumpets. It's 25 or 50 to one.

Always blame someone else if you're not happy about something, right?

Just stating the most obvious facts. Do you deny that the overwhelming
number of new threads, the core of the pollution problem, is in fact
a couple of Trump whackos starting one new political, usually Trump
centered, post after another?

I don't see the majority of threads from "whackos" because I've got the
"whackos" blocked!

And then of course we have you, who will argue obvious facts that the
rest of us see and know to be true, just to have something to argue
about. Like that BS you started about "lying". Everyone else here
was on the same page, that you were full of ****, just arguing to argue,
as usual.

If you don't like something I've said, ignore it. Who is forcing ANYONE
to respond to anything I post? So, if someone is "arguing with me",
it's because they WANT TO!

NEVER, EVER go to the trouble of being a leader instead of a follower
and do something about what you're unhappy about! geez.

What do you suggest we do about it? How can I save AHR?

Download thunderbird, set up newsgroups and filters, and then enjoy
reading and responding to the post you want to see.

Simple!

I didn't want to see cross-posts or spammers, so instead of complaining
about those posts showing up here, I decided to use my built-in tbird
filter and block everything I didn't want to see!

As I and others have explained to you, that doesn't fix the problem
of the newsgroup dying.

The newsgroup is NOT dying! It may change, but people are still posting
here, so it obviously isn't dead.

People who are not regulars here don't have
filters.

Oh well, who's fault is that?

They have a question about home repair, see 50 threads about
politics, and move on.

What's stopping them from posting their question? Themselves.

It doesn't take much in the way of connected
brain cells to see how the group then slowly dies. And it's not just
AHR, most newsgroups are dying, many of them aided by whacko trolls.

We will NEVER be rid of whacko trolls, so, the solution is to ignore them.

OH MY FREAKING GOSH!! I'm not an unhappy camper any more seeing stuff I
don't want to see!

It doesn't take an IT degree to figure out and use a tbird filter.
That's what it's there for.

YOU can't control what OTHER people do, BUT you CAN control what you do,
so get off of your fingers, download thunderbird, set up a server and
newsgroups, figure out how to use the filters, and stop using google
groups if you don't like to see OT posts here.

And BTW, you could stop contributing to the threads that are OT while
you're at it.

good grief, already ......

The village idiot rides again! You're one of the newcomers who has
only made things worse.

I've been here probably a couple of years, now. So, that's not exactly a
new comer.

Some of these trolls appear to have followed
you here, they arrived at the same time.

I wouldn't know because I've blocked everyone I consider to be a troll,
all cross-posters, and various other criteria I don't want to bother
reading.

--
Maggie