Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Oh No, the death of alt.home.repair or even Usenet!

Hi Art,

This was a really sad morning. I have been reading alt.home.repair and
a few other groups for many years and this morning signaled the end.
There was nothing but garbage.

I can relate. After years of reading usenet groups, all that seems to be
left are political and religious arguments and name calling.

I can't remember the last time there were more than one or two serious
discussions related to home repair in this group.

Several other groups I watch have been in similar decline.

It's sad, usenet was a convenient way to discuss a variety of topics
without having to visit individual web forums. It takes too much time and
hassle to visit and log in to each forum, so I tend not to visit most of
the ones that do interest me.

It was good while it lasted...

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com