Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_18_] Muggles[_18_] is offline

Default This crazy weather left this house frozen.

On 3/15/2017 1:29 PM, Frank wrote:
On 3/15/2017 1:10 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 3/15/2017 9:03 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 03/15/2017 07:29 AM, Muggles wrote:
On 3/14/2017 11:45 PM, Oren wrote:
Pics & video

http://circa.com/circa-now/instarant/high-winds-turned-this-new-york-home-into-an-ice-house

" Webster, New York, which is located along the shoreline of Lake
Ontario, has been turned into an "ice house."

We are kicking near 90°F here in the desert :-)

I wonder why the house next door isn't covered with ice, too?

I found that curious, too. Maybe the ice house is vacant and unheated?

ahh That's possible. Didn't think of that.

There was a house around here that had sort of an ice sculpture every
year. He built a framework about 15' high and sprayed it with a lawn
sprinkler. It didn't look like anything but a formless tower of ice. I
suppose everybody needs a hobby in the winter.

We got lucky this year and only had a dusting of snow that didn't last
very long, but we did have some below freezing temps for a few days off
and on. We've had a false spring and plants are in mid-bloom, and now
we've had another hard freeze. Guess all the bugs in the garden will
get killed off before real spring shows up. At least I'm hoping that
happens!

Had to remove 4 inches of climate change off my drive and walk yesterday.

I love how you put that! lol

--
Maggie