Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
rickman rickman is offline

Default Audio Generator or Function Generator? Which to get?

On 3/13/2017 3:33 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 13 Mar 2017 13:43:04 -0500, amdx wrote:

On 3/13/2017 3:26 AM,
wrote:
I've been looking into buying an Audio Generator (Sine and Square Wave).

If you have any interest in building one, look up the XR2206. It is
an old but a pretty cool chip. It will do many functions up to 1 Mhz.
Lots of info available, I even see one Arduino controlled unit.

Mikek

I suppose I could look this up, but I have other things to do at the
moment, so I am just gonna ask.... What is Arduino?
I'm Old School, so I dont know much about all this new technology.

It's just a single board computer with plug in modules for a wide range
of I/O functions. It also has one of the easiest to learn development
systems for writing code. If your DDS has a serial port for control the
Arduino could be used to make it do more complex functions by changing
it from this waveform to that waveform in real time.

--

Rick C