Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Grub screw question

Scott wrote:

I need a replacement grub screw for a door handle (okay - I don't need
one but I'm a perfectionist). I see I can get a pack containing M3,
M4, M5 and M6 very cheaply. Can I assume one of these sizes will fit?

My newish handles take what would appear to be M6 grub screws (actually
they measure as 5.9mm OD but I assume that's intended to be 6mm rather
than 15/64") with a 3mm allen key

It is a fairly new door handle so I assume it is metric. Is M2 so
small as to be excludable? I assume it's 'cup point'. Thanks.

Mine are cone point, the square bar through the latch is split at both
ends, with a V-groove which the grub screw tightens into and spreads the
split end, forcing it against the edges of the hole in the handle.