Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Benderthe.evilrobot Benderthe.evilrobot is offline

Default Dell monitor - invokes factory reset at boot.

"mike" wrote in message
news
On 12/17/2016 1:52 PM, Benderthe.evilrobot wrote:
In the past week, my Dell monitor has developed the habit of doing a
factory reset when the PC is booting up.

I wouldn't mind - but it gets it wrong and leaves the image shifted to
the right.

Doing the factory reset manually corrects it, but its a hassle.

I'm wondering if I clicked something I shouldn't have, or the monitor is
on its way out.

Its no biggie - I found the monitor in the first place, and since then
scrounged a better one on Freegle, I'd just like to know what's going on.

Thanks.

it's almost always bad caps.

The 19" hanns-G had leaky front button switches - they were replaced and its
fine.

The Dell didn't have a DVI connector, so I just had a quick look - on not
finding anything conspicuously obvious, I didn't bother putting it back
together.

If I didn't have another spare; I might've tried a bit harder.