Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Never disassembled lawn mower - what makes the cord go slack?

On Mon, 13 Mar 2017 12:10:29 -0400, wrote:

TroyBuilt is now ( or has been) using Honda motors in place of
Tecumseh on some models -Troy Bilt is made now by MTD

Thanks for that motor-manufacturer information as I bought it, as I recall,
because I love Honda motors (I'm not too good with maintenance so I need a
better-built motor).

BTW, what do you think this hose-bib-like plastic socket is on the right of
the picture on the red deck of the lawn mower. What is that two-inch tall
plastic thing on the deck actually for?
http://i.cubeupload.com/cPHCDO.jpg

Likewise, what does the red plastic insert in the gas cap hole do?
http://i.cubeupload.com/S8NA9d.jpg