Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] oldschool@tubes.com is offline

Default Audio Generator or Function Generator? Which to get?

On Mon, 13 Mar 2017 12:33:27 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Hamfests.
Radio Shows.
Local radio clubs (there is at least one, often several in every state).
Craig's List.
Put up a want-ad on Craig's List.
Yard and Garage sales - especially in older neighborhoods.
TV Repair shops - Amazing what some of them have sitting in the back room -
*IF* one still exists in your area.

And if you are anywhere near/around Kutztown, PA in May, the Kutztown Radio
Show will have what you need at reasonable prices.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Where I live, in a very rural area, there is really no such thing as
Hamfests unless I drive hundreds of miles. There is one in August, which
is 60 miles from here. I plan to go to that, but that's months away.

The last TV shop closed up about 10 years ago, around here. Even Radio
Shack (25 miles away), is now a small corner in an appliance store.

I am an avid yard/garage sale addict. If I see one, I MUST stop and see
what they have.... LOL But electronic test gear is not something I
have ever found. Around here, I'm more likely to find farm machinery and
all the usual household junk.

No, I am NOT near PA.

I will look at Craigslist though. I have bought from CL quite a few
times, but I never put a want-ad on it. That is a good thought.

Dont they have any "Ham Fests" (Or similar) online?

Because of where I live, I have to buy all my electronics parts and
stuff online. There just is no other source nearby. (except for that
very minimal Radio Shack store).

Now, if any of you guys are looking for farm tractors, and machinery,
cattle, horses, or anything like that, I can help. (Just dont ask me to
ship them)