Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Never disassembled lawn mower - what makes the cord go slack?

On Mon, 13 Mar 2017 03:30:20 -0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 22:05:17 -0500, Dean Hoffman wrote:

There's a parts diagram he
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Honda/Lawn%20Mower/0/HR216%20SXA%20LAWN%20MOWER,%20JPN,%20VIN%23%20MACR-1000001/RECOIL%20STARTER/parts.html

Or: http://alturl.com/fefnj

I didn't look to see if it's the same brand as yours. It's intended
just to show you
how they're made. I think they're pretty much alike.

Thanks for that parts diagram where I can see the coiled spring (item #8)
which is a sixteen-dollar part I can probably get at Sears. The sticker for
the Craftsman number seems gone so I will have to dig for paperwork to find
the right model.

The lawn mower was bought at either OSH or Sears, probably OSH, around 2012
or so.

Remaining stickers say it's a 161cm "Troy-Bilt" 21" self-propelled push
mower with a Honda label on top (if that's not an oxymoron).

TroyBuilt is now ( or has been) using Honda motors in place of
Tecumseh on some models -Troy Bilt is made now by MTD