Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Ground Connection For Furnace And Generator

On Sunday, March 12, 2017 at 3:01:48 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 09:55:05 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

As would an Interlockit on the panel and inlet. Looks like
the same or less work than your switch/inlet solution for
just the furnace.

Load management is the problem when you are feeding the main panel.
You may find that there is just too much on the 2 or 3 circuits you
want to enable.

That's why I'm keeping it simple. Plug and play for the furnace, extension
cords for a fridge and a few lights. Easily adaptable as the situation
warrants.

LED Hug lLights and headlamps work really well. We have a few sets for camping.

The Hug Lights I have were a little more expensive than this model but has
3 levels of white light and 1 for red. The red is really good when you
just need a little light, like in a bedroom when someone is sleeping.

https://www.amazon.com/Flex-Reading-.../dp/B00CP2A8VM