Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default 13 amp sockets in bathrooms - houses and caravans

On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 09:00:15 +0000, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Adam Funk brought next idea :
The caravan connections that I've seen (small sample, I admit!) have an
RCD outside the caravan & upstream of the caravan's own CU. IIRC,
it's a 30 mA RCD.

Which are often rusted up. The DB inside the caravan is also fitted with
an RCD.

Must remember to test the RCD when hooking up to a caravan site mains.
Usually it is such a relief to find a blue plug that the lead just gets
banged in then the kettle plugged in.

Cheers

Dave R

---