Toby

Default Screwfix low energy bulb sizes

Ian wrote:
"Christian McArdle" wrote in
Is this recently? The only Ikea bulbs I've seen have been very
cheap, but horrible looking prong based things that look nothing
like lightbulbs.

About 3 weeks ago at the Bristol branch.

The 5w candles I have from the Leeds branch project 80mm and are 100mm long
overall. They are a little fatter at about 35mm but are rated for 10000
hours.
They do them in higher outputs as well, but this one is listed at 180
lumens.

They have some semi-opaque flexible membrane over the glass, presumably to
contain any breakage should this happen. The only downside is the white
plastic part has a lot of black printing on it which may be visible in some
installations.

From memory, the regular shaped bulbs now seem to have traditional shape
covering the usual coil arrangement.

--