Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default CCTV networking problem

On 10/03/2017 07:16, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Mike
Humphrey escribió:

OK, you've got two networks here.

I'm wondering if he could just change the netmask to 255.255.0.0 on
everything (and configure DHCP on the router to hand out that netmask).
That would bring it all (his existing LAN and the camera LAN) within one
network.

Since the 192.168.0.0 range isn't publicly routable, I don't see there
being a problem.

The only time I have seen similar symptoms was when someone put the same
MAC address into multiple instances of a device (by mistake?).
Then the switch will only route to one port for that mac address and you
only see one of them.
Without the switch (using a hub) they appeared to work fine as each
devices stack would just throw away the wrong IP address packets after
receiving them.
Needless to say when investigated the test setup used a hub and not a
switch.