Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Benderthe.evilrobot Benderthe.evilrobot is offline

Default Lubuntu Linux - moving files only half works.

"Johann Klammer" wrote in message
news
On 03/08/2017 09:28 PM, Benderthe.evilrobot wrote:

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
Phoena Greene wrote:

"Benderthe.evilrobot" wrote in
message ...
Downloading from FTP with Filezilla; The HDD got full so I transferred
as
many files as possible to 3x 32Gb USB sticks - The sticks are showing
that they now contain around 29.5Gb, but the free space on the HDD is
only showing about 5Gb - I did try emptying the trash folder, but no
result there.

Probably if the transfer fails, it doesn't remove the files from the
source.
It wants to make SURE the files on the stick are safe before removing
the
old ones. That makes good sense!

Near as I can tell; its a file size issue - and probably the NTFS USB
stick causing the mischief.

did you unmount the usb stick manually as root,
or sync, so the stuff got actually written out?

They had an issue once when the files got damaged when you just unplugged
the stick.

Only need one more for a