Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics,alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default [FoxNews]A small town's sudden power surge fried tech gear inhundreds of homes

On Thu, 09 Mar 2017 16:41:37 -0000, David Lesher wrote:

The Washington Post had some great photos of a house with every
outlet and switch blown out of the walls.

Seems there was a FIOS installer trenching there when it
happened. The WP didn't say, but from the imagery, I suspect
they crossed the 34KV feed to the pictured pad-mount transformer
with its 240/120 output.

It was news because Verizontal refused to pay; saying it
was the contractor's fault not theirs.

Which it was. But the contractor should have to pay, and Verizon has to pay in the interim, just as if you order something online and it's lost in the post, it's the postal company's fault, but you still claim from the seller, and the seller from the postal company.

--
My wife and I were watching Who Wants To Be A Millionaire while we were in bed.
I turned to her and said, "Do you want to have sex?"