Posted to alt.home.repair

Default new screen door(s)?

On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 13:36:18 -0800, T wrote:

On 03/08/2017 12:15 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 10:40:23 -0800, T wrote:

Hi All,

Got a price from a mobile screen door company to
replace my sliding glass window screen doors. (My
screen doors are falling apart, rollers are all
broken, etc..).

They give a life time warranty on a whole new door.
$325 each. Is this a reasonable charge?

And their minimum call is $135, so a roller job can be
pricey.

-T

I'd find a local shop (door and window) and take the screen doors in
to them. $650 for two slider screen doors is outrageous. IMO. If you
just need rollers; they can be replaced, ordinarily, if the frame and
screens are in good condition. I replaced rollers on my 8' glass doors
in less than an hour. YMMV

I can't figure out how to change the rollers, or I
would do it myself. I hear there are stainless steel
rollers out there too.

You don't want SS rollers. Then you will be wearing out the track
instead of the door.