Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Baron[_4_] Baron[_4_] is offline

Default Lubuntu Linux - moving files only half works.

prodded the keyboard with:

Il giorno martedì 7 marzo 2017 21:14:26 UTC+1, Baron ha scritto:
Jon Elson prodded the keyboard with:

Well, while there have been a few issues over the years, I've
been using some version of Linux as my main desktop for almost 20
years! I also have a number of devices that are run by PCs (or
Beagle Bones) running Linux. My family is almost exclusively
running Linux for general email, web browsing, writing papers for
school, etc.

Works for me.

Jon

I've been running Linux since my wife bought me a book with
Yggdrasil
Linux bound into it, about 1994/5. In those days you had to
compile
everything yourself. Fun times...

half a day to compile the kernel
and then you found out that you forgot to include a driver, so it
didn't boot.

Bye Jack

I don't recall having that problem ! I do remember struggling to
find the code for some driver or other, and then having to mod code
because some address was different or wrong. Off by one was a
popular mistake. You soon became very familiar with PC hardware in
those days.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.