Andy Hall

Default Automatic garage door - any suggestions?

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:18:05 +0100, Andrew McKay
wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:50:39 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

Are you sure that the canopy arm is actually needed? When I did
mine, the instructions suggest that one is, by the design of the door,
but in fact it isn't

Well.....

I hear where you are coming from, but the canopy door levels out
horizontally. And prior to fitting the opener I tried applying
pressure on the top of the door in a horizontal direction - it
wouldn't budge.

Hence why I went for the canopy arm, because I believe that splits the
horizontal movement to a force direction which causes the door to
close.

I suppose I could try it without, but I was a bit worried about
knadgering the drive system and maybe having the door fall off through
being given some brute force in a direction it decided to resist

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at http://www.handymac.co.uk

OK. Mine level out horizontally too, but there's no problem getting
it to move by pushing the top. Do you have horizontal tracks as
part of the door mechanism? If so, are they aligned properly? I had
to adjust mine because the builder did not install correctly.

However, see other post

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl