clare @ snyder.on .ca

Default insulation; UFFI

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:09:25 -0400, "Steve & Chris Clark"
wrote:

OK everyone!
I haven't looked into UFFI in more than 20 years now.....friends of ours are
looking at a house that used UFFI as the insulation in 1978........anyone
have any uptodate statistics/info/web sources that they would be willing to
share?
What does everyone think nowadays? Buy or beware?
thanks very much everyone in advance
Chris

Brick house? Nice and dry?
Go for it.
Frame house and or damp? Stay away.
UFFI was approoved for dry brick buildings, and installed in anything.
Problems in the questionable installs gave it a bad name.

Another situation where our government got involved without checking
its facts properly.

---