Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Coffee grounds in septic system?

On Mon, 6 Mar 2017 12:53:08 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

My son in law works for water maint. and works with septic. He's the one who told me that coffee grounds are great for septics and I've been doing it now over a year...everyone else I'e talked to said YES put them down your drain!!

Why?!

http://www.septicsolutionstexas.com/Do-Donts.htm

"Some bio-degradable and semi-biodegradable items should also
be thrown out with the trash. These include: egg shells, coffee
grounds, cat litter, clothes dryer lint, and vacuum debris."

I figured it was job security for his son in law. More stuff that goes
into the septic leads to more frequent need to pump the septic tank.

....maybe the son-in-law is a rookie in waste management or a waste
management engineer?