Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Phoena Greene[_3_] Phoena Greene[_3_] is offline

Default Lubuntu Linux - moving files only half works.

"Benderthe.evilrobot" wrote in message
Downloading from FTP with Filezilla; The HDD got full so I transferred as
many files as possible to 3x 32Gb USB sticks - The sticks are showing that
they now contain around 29.5Gb, but the free space on the HDD is only
showing about 5Gb - I did try emptying the trash folder, but no result
there.

It seemed to work OK till the HDD got full, since the problem started;
I've been careful to make sure I'm paying attention when I click "move"
and not "copy", and I double checked that the top bar says "moving".

This looks a lot like a bug in Lubuntu!

Thanks for any help.

I think just about everything in Linux only half works.